The Mayerson Law Offices P.C.

Contact our King of Prussia and Chester County-area law firm to speak with our car accident lawyers, who are ready and willing to address your questions.

The Mayerson Law Offices P.C.
3540 Schuylkill Road
Spring City, Pennsylvania 19475
Ph. 610.906.1966

Pottstown, PA Personal Injury Attorney

FAQs – King of Prussia and Chester County Car Accident Lawyers

Every automobile accident raises questions that those involved want to have answered. At The Mayerson Law Offices P.C., located in Chester County near King of Prussia, our car accident lawyers have extensive experience in dealing with the legal issues that follow both single-vehicle auto accidents and multiple-vehicle auto accidents. If you have been involved in a serious automobile accident, our attorneys can answer all of your questions and provide expert representation to help you obtain full compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other hardships. They will ensure that you understand all of your legal options and will treat you with the compassion and respect that you deserve. Please contact one of our car accident lawyers if you have any questions that the answers below do not address.

What should I do immediately following an automobile accident?

Your safety and the safety of others should be the primary concern in the aftermath of a car accident. If anybody has been hurt, call 911 immediately and wait for medical professionals to arrive. Local law enforcement authorities or the state's highway patrol should also be notified as soon as possible.

Though it may be difficult, try to remember and note the circumstances of the accident. If it is possible to do so safely, take pictures and document the scene of the accident, and note weather and traffic conditions. You should also contact your insurance company in a timely manner. If the accident takes place in or near Chester County, it may be prudent to contact one of our car accident lawyers based in Spring City immediately so that he or she can document and photograph the accident scene.

[ back to top ]

What information should I request from the other driver or drivers?

When exchanging information with the other driver or drivers, be sure to write down names, addresses, phone numbers, and insurance details, such as the names of all insurance companies, policy numbers, and if possible, the names and contact numbers of all insurance agents.

[ back to top ]

Should I give the insurance companies a statement?

Your insurance agent and agents of the insurance companies of the other drivers involved in the collision will typically ask you for a statement very soon after a collision, often before you have a chance to consult with car accident lawyers. They will ask you to describe your injuries, the accident scene, and the events leading up to and following the accident. As insurance companies often use these initial statements against you when assessing your injuries and damages, it is wise to speak with one of our King of Prussia area car accident lawyers before giving a statement.

[ back to top ]

Will I have to go to court?

If the other driver is found liable for the accident, his or her insurance company may agree to pay the amount that your attorney believes the case is worth. If you desire to settle for that amount, the claim does not have to move into court. However, if the amount that is offered does not seem just or fair, you may choose to have your attorney move the case into a formal court hearing. For more information on your specific situation, contact our Chester County law firm to speak with one of our car accident lawyers.

[ back to top ]

Who will be responsible for paying my medical bills?

The victim of another driver's negligence in a car accident has the right to obtain compensation to fully cover his or her medical bills. Ultimately, the negligent party's insurance company is responsible for paying the victim's medical bills. Unfortunately, insurance companies often attempt to shortchange the victim by offering to cover only a portion of the bills or not pay the victim's bills at all. If you are the victim of negligent driver, and that driver's insurance company tries to offer unjust compensation, our King of Prussia-area car accident lawyers are ready to fight for your rights.

[ back to top ]

What if I need a rental car?

After a serious car accident, you will likely need a rental car while your car is being repaired. Some insurance companies offer post-accident rental car coverage as part of their plans. If you do not have rental car coverage as part of your insurance policy, the insurance company of the negligent party is responsible for paying the cost of the rental car during the time your vehicle is being repaired.

[ back to top ]

Contact The Mayerson Law Offices P.C.

Our law firm is dedicated to achieving fair and full compensation for clients from King of Prussia and surrounding Chester County areas. Our car accident lawyers are ready to answer any questions regarding vehicle accidents to help those who have been involved in a collision understand their legal options. Contact The Mayerson Law Offices P.C. today to schedule a private consultation and learn more about how our attorneys can help you after you have been involved in a serious car accident.

[ back to top ]